April 20th, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
Call to Order
Special Action Item
- Update and Discussion of the COVID-19 Health Emergency and the City’s Response- Verbal Presentation, no Report.
2. Presentation of the City Manager’s Proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2020- 2021 Budget
Special Orders of the Day
3. Update and Discussion Regarding the Spring 2020 Board and Commission Recruitment for Positions on the Human Relations Commission, Public Art Commission, and Utilities Advisory Commission.
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
5. Approval of Contract Number C20177684 With Contract Sweeping Services, Inc. for Street Sweeping Services With a Five-year Term and Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $5,608,232; and Authorization of the City Manager or Designee to Execute Contract Amendments to Memorialize any Annual Consumer Price Index Adjustments to the Compensation Rates as Provided in the Contract.
6. 840 Kipling Street [18PLN-00185]: Variance Associated With an Individual Review Application for Modifications to an Existing Historic 1,192 Square Foot, One-story Single-family Home Allowing: (1) a Second-story Home Addition on a Substandard, Irregular R-2 Zoned Lot, and (2) Extension of a Non-complying Wall That Encroaches 2.5 Feet Into an Interior Side Setback; On February 26, 2020, the Planning and Transportation Commission Unanimously Recommended Approval of the Variance. This Project is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With CEQA Guidelines Section 15301(e).
7. Approval of the Amended and Restated Agreement for the San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority (JPA) Between the Cities of Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and East Palo Alto, the Santa Clara Valley Water District, and the San Mateo County Flood and Sea Level Rise Resiliency District, to Reflect the Recent Name Change of the Latter Agency and the Current Administrative Practices of the JPA.
8. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C16162436 With TJKM Transportation Consultants and Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C16163381 With Fehr and Peers for Provision of Oncall Transportation Engineering Project Support Services; Each Amendment Will Extend Each Term Through April 30, 2021; and Increase Maximum Compensation by $200,000 to Each Contract for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,000,000 per Contract. MEMO
9. Adoption of an Ordinance Temporarily Suspending the Expiration of and Automatically Extending all Planning Entitlements, Building Permits, and Building Permit Applications Valid as of March 16, 2020; the Ordinance Also Suspends and Extends Municipal Code Application Processing Timelines. This Action is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
City Manager Comments
10. Adoption of a Resolution Waiving the Business Registration Fee for Calendar Year 2020 in Calendar Year 2020; Adoption of a Resolution Rescinding the Levy of Assessments for the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020; and Approval of the Reimbursement of Business Registration Fees and BID Assessments Due in 2020.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements