April 4th, 2022
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA)Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs Association (FCA), Management and Professional Employees (MGMT) ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a) ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Special Orders of the Day
2. Adoption of Resolution for Gabriel Mora Upon His Retirement
3. Proclamation Honoring National Public Safety Telecommunicator’s Week – April 10-16, 2022.
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
4. Approve Minutes from the March 11, 2022 City Council Meeting, March 14, 2022 City Council Meeting, and the March 21, 2022 City Council Meeting.
5. Utilities Advisory Commission and Staff Recommend the City Council Adopt Two Resolutions: 1) Approving an Amendment to the Amended and Restated Water Supply Agreement Between the City and County of San Francisco and Wholesale Customers in Alameda County, San Mateo County, and Santa Clara County and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Amended Agreement; and 2) Approving a Minimum Purchase Transfer from the City of Mountain View to the City of East Palo Alto.
6. Approve Finance Committee Recommendation for FY 2023 to (a) Return to the Customary Pre-Pandemic Business Registry Certificate Requirement and Fee, and (b) Pause for One Year the Downtown Business Improvement District Assessment Program.
7. Approve, as Recommended by Policy and Services Committee, the FY2022/2023 Risk Assessment & Audit Plan Reports.
8. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Use of Teleconferencing for Council Meetings During Covid-19 State of Emergency.
9. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to the Power Purchase Agreement for Landfill Gas-Generated Electricity With Ameresco Keller Canyon LLC., Reducing the Facility’s Output in Exchange for an Annual $250,000 Administrative Payment to the City.
10. Approval of Contract Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number S22183587 with Fairbanks, Maslin, Maullin, Metz, and Associates (FM3) in the Amount of $28,500 for One Additional Poll (Three Polls, Total) for the Potential November 2022 Ballot Measure(s) for a Total Not to Exceed Amount of $113,500 and Approve a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
11. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Submittal of a Financial Assistance Application to the United States Bureau of Reclamation for the WaterSMART: Title XVI Water Reclamation and Reuse Project.
12. Approval of Pets in Need’s Amended Termination Notice to Extend Termination Date Six Months for Continued Animal Shelter Operations.
13. Adoption of a Resolution Amending PUBLIC HEARING: Objections to Weed Abatement and Adoption of a Resolution Ordering Weed Nuisance Abated to Correct an Administrative Error.
14. Approval of Construction Contract Number C22181213 with Stronger Building Services in the Amount of $179,500 for the Mitchell Park Library Roof and Gutter Repair Project; Authorize the City Manager or their Designee to Negotiate and Execute one or more Change Orders for Related Additional but Unforeseen Work Not to Exceed $17,950; and Approval of a Budget Amendment for the Roofing Replacement Capital Project (PF-00006) in the Capital Improvement Fund.
City Manager Comments
15. Review and Approval of Workplans Implementing 2022 City Council Priorities.
16. Receive the Police Department’s Annual Report and Discuss and Accept the Staff Update on Radio Encryption as a Follow-up from the Policy and Services Committee Recommendation on February 8, 2022.
17. Clarification of In-Person Attendance Protocols for Council Committees and Boards and Commissions. – ITEM POSTPONED
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements