May 17th, 2021
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Presentation by La Comida
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
5. Approval of a Professional Services Agreement With CAD Masters, Inc. for Ongoing Support, Maintenance, Development, and Enhancement of the Geospatial Design and Asset Management System for the Utilities Department in an Amount of $390,000 per Year, for a Total Not-toExceed Amount of $1,950,000 for up to Five Years.
6. Adoption of a Resolution Making Required Findings in Support of the City’s Grant Application for the State Transportation Development Act Article 3 Funds to Update the City’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation Plan.
7. Adoption of a: 1) Resolution Waiving the Business Registration Fee for Fiscal Year 2022, if Completed on Time, and Extending the due Date to July 15, 2021; 2) Resolution Declaring an Intention to Temporarily Suspend the Levy of Assessment Against Businesses Within the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) for Fiscal Year 2022, and Setting a Public Hearing on the Proposed Temporary Suspension for June 1, 2021; and 3) Approval of the Reimbursement of any Business Registration Fees and BID Assessments Already Paid in 2021.
8. SECOND READING: Finance Committee Recommends City Council Approve Park, Community Center, and Library Development Impact Fee Justification Study; Adjustments to Park, Community Center, and Library Development Impact Fees; Adopt the Ordinance Updating Park Land In Lieu fee; and Direct Staff to Implement the Impact Fee Updates With the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget (Continued From March 8, 2021) (FIRST READING: April 12, 2021 PASSED: 6-1 Tanaka no).
City Manager Comments
10. Approval of a Construction Contract With C. Overaa & Co. in the Total Amount of $15,123,900, and Three Amendments to Existing Agreements With: 1) Stanford University, 2) East Palo Alto Sanitary District, and 3) Mountain View and Los Altos, for the Primary Sedimentation Tanks Rehabilitation and Equipment Room Electrical Upgrade Project (WQ-14003) at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant; Adoption of a Resolution Revising and Superseding Resolution Number 9667, Establishing Pledged Sources of Revenue for Repayment of State Revolving Fund Loan; and Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing an Installment Sale Agreement With the California State Water Resources Control Board for Financing the Design and Construction of the Primary Sedimentation Tanks Rehabilitation and Equipment Room Electrical Upgrade Project.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
12. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Kiely Nose, Bob Jonsen, Geo Blackshire, Dean Batchelor, Nick Raisch) Employee Organizations: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA); Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a). – THIS ITEM HAS BEEN POSTPONED