May 18th, 2020
Call to Order
A. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova, Charles Sakai) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a) .
1. Update to the City’s Transportation Analysis Methodology to Comply With Senate Bill 743, Including use of Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) for California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Review and Level of Service (LOS) Standard for Local Transportation Analysis (Continued From May 4, 2020).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 12 of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to set a 120-day Statute of Limitations for Challenges to the City’s Water Service Rates, Wastewater Collection and Disposal Rates, Refuse Rates, Storm Water Management Fees, and Fiber Licensing Service Rates.
3. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute a Professional Services Agreement With Magellan Advisors, LLC in a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $214,236 for Phase 1 of the Fiber Network Expansion Plan (This item has been removed).
4. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute the Following Marketing and Graphics Contracts in a Combined Not-to-Exceed Amount of $290,000 Annually and a Combined Not-toExceed Amount of $1,450,000 Over a Five-year Term: A) Eric Goldsberry Art Direction, Contract Number C20176172A; B) Marketing for Change, Contract Number C20176172B; and C) Underground Advertising, Contract Number C20176172C; Finding of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Exemption (This item has been removed).
5. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 2353 Webster Street [18PLN-00339]: Appeal of Director’s Approval of an Individual Review Application to Demolish an Existing One-story 1,593 Square Foot Home and Construct a Twostory Home (Approximately 3,133 Square Feet) With a Basement and Attached Garage; Approved by the Director of Planning and Development Services on March 17, 2020. Zoning District: Singlefamily Residential (R-1).
City Manager Comments
6. Adoption of Amendments to the City of Palo Alto Tobacco Retail Ordinance (PAMC Chapter 4.64) to Further Restrict Electronic Cigarette Products and Flavored Tobacco Products, Direct Staff to Discuss Amending the Tobacco Retail Permit (TRP) Agreement With the County of Santa Clara, and Updates to Council’s Previous Questions on Reducing Youth Tobacco use (Continued From May 18, 2020).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements