May 18th, 2021
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
1. 955 Alma St [21PLN-00013]: Request for Prescreening of a Proposal to Rezone the Subject Site From RT-35 to Planned Community/Planned Home Zoning (PHZ) and Redevelop the Site With a new 4-Story Mixeduse Development That Includes 36 Residential Studios, 6,348 Square Feet of Office Space, and a Below Grade Parking Facility. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project; any Subsequent Formal Application Would be Subject to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Review. Zoning District: RT-35 (Residential Transition District) South of Forest Avenue (SOFA) II Coordinated Area Plan (CAP).
2. 2239 Wellesley (21PLN-00045): Request by Cato Investments, LLC for Prescreening of Their Proposal to Rezone the Properties at 2239 and 2241 Wellesley from R-1 (Single Family Residential) to Planned Community/Planned Home Zoning (PHZ) and to Redevelop the Site With a 24-Unit Multi-family Development. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project; any Subsequent Formal Application Would be Subject to California Environmental Review Act (CEQA) Review.
3. Adoption of Ordinances Responding to State Housing Bills Regarding Density Bonus and Affordable Housing. Environmental Assessment: Exempt Pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
4. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL: 181 Addison Avenue [20PLN-00300] Request for Review of a Preliminary Parcel Map With Exception and Variance to Subdivide one Existing lot Into two Parcels With Less Than the Minimum 60 Foot Frontage. Environmental Assessment: Consistent With Previously Adopted Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Zoning District: R-2 (Two Family Residential) Within the South of Forest Avenue (SOFA) II Coordinated Area Plan (CAP).
5. Direction to Staff Regarding 2023-31 Regional Housing Needs Allocation Appeal
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements