May 2nd, 2022
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Subject: Threatened litigation regarding interpretation and application of non-conforming use provisions for 340 Portage and associated addresses, as set forth in September 10, 2021 letter from Sobrato Organization Authority: Potential Exposure to Litigation Under Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) One Case, as Defendant.
Special Order of the Day
2. Appointment of Candidates for the Parks and Recreation Commission
RECESS FOR COUNCIL MEETING AND CALL TO ORDER PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
3. Approval of Fiscal Year 2021 Palo Alto Public Improvement Corporation’s Annual Financial Statement
4. Fiscal Year 2023 Proposed Budget Study Session
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
5. Approve Minutes from the April 11, 2022 City Council Meeting
6. Policy and Services Committee recommends that the City Council accept the recommendations from the September 14, 2021 and February 8, 2022 committee meetings regarding race and equity, with the following change: schedule a City Council Action Item (May 9, 2022) on whether to pursue a misdemeanor ordinance and other methods to deter hateful speech while complying with the constitution.
7. Parks and Recreation Commission Recommend Adopting an Ordinance to Amend the Foothills Nature Preserve Attendance Range to 400-600 Guests.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Title 18 (Zoning), Chapters 18.04 (Definitions), 18.16 (Neighborhood, Community, and Service Commercial (CN, CC and CS) Districts), 18.18 (Downtown Commercial (CD) Districts) and 18.30 (A) and (C) the Retail and Ground Floor Combining Districts. Environmental Review: Exempt Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) until December 16, 2022.
9. Approval of Contract No. C22183462 with Macias Gini & O’Connell LLP (MGO) for External Financial Audit Services in an Amount Not to Exceed $599,319 (Including a 10 Percent Contingency Additional Services Amount of $54,934) Through March 31, 2025.
10. Policy and Services Committee Recommends the City Council Accept the City Auditor’s Quarterly Status Report (Q2 of Fiscal Year 2021).
11. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Existing Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 5.30, Disposable Foodware Items and Other Disposable Products, to Comply with California Assembly Bill 1276 (Single-Use Foodware Accessories and Standard Condiments) Requiring Additional Restrictions on the Use of Disposable Foodware and Condiments (FIRST READING: April 18, 2022: PASSED 7-0).
City Manager Comments
12. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of One or More Series of General Obligation Refunding (Refinancing) Bonds (Election of 2008) in an Aggregate Principal Amount Not to Exceed $58 million, and Execution of a Paying Agency Agreement, and Certain Other Related Documents and Authorizing Official Actions Related Thereto.
13. Policy and Services Committee Recommends that the City Council Direct Staff to Reduce the Length of the Community Survey and Work with the Chair of the Policy & Services Committee as an Ad Hoc (9:15 – 9:30PM) 14. Clarification of In-Person Attendance Protocols for Council Committees and Boards and Commissions (Continued from April 4, 2022 Meeting).
14. Clarification of In-Person Attendance Protocols for Council Committees and Boards and Commissions (Continued from April 4, 2022 Meeting).
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS
15. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS Authority: Government Code Section 54956.8 Property: 300 Homer Avenue, Assessors Parcel Number 120-17-093 Negotiating Party: Palo Alto Museum City Negotiators: Ed Shikada, Kiley Nose Subject of Potential Negotiations: lease Price and Terms of Payment. – POSTPONED