May 22nd, 2023
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
- Proclamation Honoring Thomas Foon Chew
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
3. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT Authority: Gov Code section 54957(b) Titles: City Clerk
4. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS Unrepresented Employee: City Clerk City representatives: Sandra Blanch Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6
Report from Closed Session
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS
6. Approve the Services Agreement between the City of Palo Alto and the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain) for the Connecting Palo Alto Grade Separation Projects and Authorize the City Manager to Execute the Agreement; CEQA status – not a project.
7. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Contract No. S20178516 with Hohbach-Lewin, Inc. to increase compensation by $10,000 and to extend the Contract Term through March 30, 2026 for On-Call Structural Engineering Services for various Public Art Installations; CEQA Status – Not a Project.
9. Amendment to Palo Alto Municipal Code Title 18 Chapter 18.42, Standards for Special Uses, to Codify Firearms Sales Limitations Ordinance; CEQA status—exempt under CEQA Guidelines section 15061(c)(3).
10. Adoption of a Permanent Ordinance Amending Titles 18 and 21 to Implement State Housing Legislation from the 2021 Legislative Session, Including SB 9. Environmental Analysis: Exempt from Environmental Analysis under CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Government Code Sections 66411.7(n) and 65852.21(j). The Planning and Transportation Commission (PTC) has recommended Council adopt the ordinance.
CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION; Subject: Yes In My Backyard, et al. v. City of Palo Alto; Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 23-CV-410811 (One Case, as Defendant); Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).