May 3rd, 2021
Call to Order
Special orders of The Day
1. Adoption of a Resolution Expressing Appreciation to Margaret Zittle Upon Her Retirement.
2. Adoption of a Resolution Expressing Appreciation to Phil Bobel Upon His Retirement.
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approval of Action Minutes for the April 12, 2021 City Council Meeting
4. Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C16162262 With Biggs Cardosa Associates, Inc. to Extend the Term of the Contract Through December 31, 2021, at no Added Cost to the City, for Continued Construction Support Services for the Highway 101 Pedestrian/Bicycle Overpass Project (PE-11011).
5. Staff and the Utilities Advisory Commission Recommend the City Council Approve the City’s 10 Year Energy Efficiency Goals for 2022-2031.
6. Approval of Contract Number C21180722 With Brad Horak Consulting in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $250,000 to Provide Wireless Consulting Services in Support of Palo Alto Public Safety for a Five-year Term Through April 11, 2026.
7. Adoption of an Updated Salary Schedule for Water, Gas, and Wastewater Inspectors Represented by Service Employees International Union (SEIU) 521 in Compliance With the Arbitration Award.
8. Review and Approve Fiscal Year 2021 Capital Project Budget Reductions of $2.5 Million; and Approve a Budget Amendment in the Capital Improvement Fund. – MOVED TO ACTION
9. Request for Authorization to Amend the Existing Legal Service Agreement With the Law Firm of Colantuono, Highsmith & Whatley, PC (Contract S17167696) to Increase the Contract Amount by an Additional $45,000, for a new Not-to-Exceed Amount of $385,000.
City Manager Comments
10. Planning and Transportation Commission Recommend Review of two Concept Plan Alternatives for Improvements to the Alma Street and Churchill Avenue Intersection; and Direct Staff to Complete Final Design Plans, Environmental Analysis, Specifications, and Estimates for Construction for Alternative 2.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021-22 Annual Action Plan; and Adoption of a Resolution Approving the use of CDBG Funds for FY 2021-22.
12. Fiscal Year 2022 Proposed Budget Overview City Manager Budget Transmittal
2022 Proposed Operating Budget 2022 Proposed Capital Budget
8. Review and Approve Fiscal Year 2021 Capital Project Budget Reductions of $2.5 Million; and Approve a Budget Amendment in the Capital Improvement Fund. – MOVED FROM CONSENT
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements