May 4th, 2020
Call to Order
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
- Update and Discussion of the COVID-19 Health Emergency and the City’s Response
3. Update to the City’s Transportation Analysis Methodology to Comply With Senate Bill 743, Including use of Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) for California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Review and Level of Service (LOS) Standard for Local Transportation Analysis (THIS ITEM HAS BEEN MOVED TO LATER IN TONIGHT’S AGENDA).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
4. Approval of Action Minutes for the April 13 and 20, 2020 Council Meetings
5. Adoption of Amendments to the City of Palo Alto Tobacco Retail Ordinance (Municipal Code Chapter 4.64) to Further Restrict Electronic Cigarette Products and Flavored Tobacco Products; Direct Staff to Discuss Amending the Tobacco Retail Permit (TRP) Agreement With the County; and Updates to Council’s Previous Questions on Reducing Youth Tobacco use. – MOVED TO MAY 18th, 2020
6. Approval of the Acceptance and Appropriation of the State of California Citizens Options for Public Safety (COPS) Funds, and Approval of a Budget Amendment (Requires 2/3 Approval) in the Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Fund.
7. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Staff to Submit a Cal OES COVID-19 Financial Assistance Application.
8. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Temporarily Suspending the Expiration of and Automatically Extending all Planning Entitlements, Building Permits, and Building Permit Applications Valid as of March 16, 2020; the Ordinance Also Suspends and Extends Municipal Code Application Processing Timelines. This Action is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) (FIRST READING: April 20, 2020 PASSED 7-0).
8A. Review and Approval of the City Auditor Request for Proposals Evaluation Process.
City Manager Comments
9. Adoption of a Resolution Waiving the Business Registration Fee Including Late Fees for Calendar Year 2020; Adoption of a Resolution Rescinding the Levy of Assessments for the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020; and Approval of the Reimbursement of Business Registration Fees and BID Assessments Due in 2020.
10. Review of the Potential Financial Scenarios due to the Current COVID19 Emergency and Direction to Staff on the Continued Development of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Budget.
11. Staff Update and Request for Direction on the Details of a Small Business Grant Program Including Grant Amounts, Eligibility and Selection Criteria, Donor Involvement, and Allocation of City Funds in the amount of $500,000.
3. Update to the City’s Transportation Analysis Methodology to Comply With Senate Bill 743, Including use of Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) for California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Review and Level of Service (LOS) Standard for Local Transportation Analysis (THIS ITEM HAS BEEN MOVED TO LATER IN TONIGHT’S AGENDA). – MOVED TO MAY 18th, 2020
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements