May 9th, 2022
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Julio Arevalo v. City of Palo Alto U.S. District Court, Northern District, Case # 3:20-cv-04157-CRB Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Special Order of the Day
2. Affordable Housing Month Proclamation 2022
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
3. Approve Minutes from the April 18, 2022 and City Council Meeting, April 25, 2022 City Council Meeting.
4. Adoption of a Resolution Designating Redwood Tree at 1019 Forest Court as a New Heritage Tree #5 and Removing Previously Designated Silver Maple at 1872 Edgewood Drive From the List of Heritage Trees.
5. Resolution of the Council of the City of Palo Alto Approving the Execution of Two Assignment Agreements to Assign Palo Alto’s Base Resource Percentage Received Under the 2025-2054 Contract With the Western Area Power Administration to the Northern California Power Agency.
6. Approval of Construction Contract Number C22182558 with Enterprise Roofing Service, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $497,233 to Replace the Existing H Wing Roof at Cubberley Community Center, Capital Improvement Program Project CB-16002; and Authorization of Contract Contingency in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $49,723 for Related, Additional but Unforeseen Work Which May Develop During the Project.
7. Approval of Contract Amendment No. 1 to Contract Number C21179340 with Baker Tilly US, LLP. to Increase the Not-to-Exceed Compensation by $2,126,250 and Extend the Term for Three Additional Years for Continued Audit Services.
8. Approval of $900,000 Budget Amendment in the Refuse Fund for Fiscal Year 2022 for Collection, Hauling, and Disposal of Refuse for an Administrative Correction.
9. Second Reading of an Ordinance Clarifying Ambiguities in Height Transitions, Adding RMD to the list of Residential Districts and Amending the Setback for the RM-40 Zone District.
City Manager Comments
10. Review and provide feedback on the proposed permanent parklet standards and program policies; and Adopt an interim ordinance and resolution to continue the pilot parklet program until December 31, 2022.
11. Approve and Authorize City Manager to Execute Non-Binding Letter of Intent with First Tee Silicon Valley Towards Establishing a Public Private Partnership for Practice Facility Infrastructure Improvements at the Baylands Golf Links and Long-Term Facility Use Access for the First Tee Silicon Valley’s Youth Development Teaching Program.
12. Report on Palo Alto’s Response to Hate Crimes and Hate Incidents, and Discussion of the Policy and Services Committee Recommendation that the City Council Consider the Idea of Developing a Misdemeanor Ordinance to Deter Hateful Speech and Support the Human Relations Commission (HRC) to Bring the FBI and Community Resources to Palo Alto to do Community Education on Hate Crimes.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS