June 10th, 2019
Call to Order
- CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Subject: Noise and Other Impacts Arising From Management of Aircraft in the Northern California Airspace, Including the STAR PIRAT TWO Procedure Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(4) (One Potential Case, as Plaintiff).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
2. Approval of a One-year Contract Renewal With Oracle America, Inc., Contract Number C19174703 for Software Program Technical Support Services in the Amount of $119,570; and Approval and Authorization of the City Manager or his Designee to Approve up to a 10 Percent Contingency Amount Not-to-Exceed $11,957.
3. Approval of a Wastewater Collection Construction Contract With Ranger Pipelines, Inc. in the Amount of $2,123,073 for Wastewater Collection System Rehabilitation/Augmentation Capital Project 28 (WC-15001) in the Leland Manor/Garland, Midtown West and Lower Page Mill/Los Altos Hills Neighborhoods.
4. Approval of Amendment Number 5 to Agreement Number S0114750 With Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board for Shuttle Service Administration to Extend the Term of the Agreement for One-year for $132,400 for the Embarcadero Shuttle Route From July 2019 Until June 2020.
5. Approval of Three Contract Amendments for On-call Inspection and Plan Review Services With: (1) 4Leaf, Inc.; (2) SAFEbuilt; and (3) Shums Coda Associates to Increase the Combined Amount by $2,500,000 for a new Combined Amount Not-to-Exceed $10,200,000, and to Extend the Term Through June 30, 2020. Q&A
9. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance to Amend the Contract Between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of Palo Alto to Implement the Share of Employer Contribution in Accordance With Section 20516 of the California Government Code and the Memorandum of Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto and Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA) (FIRST READING: MAY 20, 2019 PASSED: 7-0).
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of Three Ordinances Amending Title 5 (Health and Sanitation) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to: 1) Establish new Disposable Foodware Requirements, Including Restrictions on the use of Plastic Straws, Cutlery, Stirrers, and Related Items, and Provision of Printed Receipts at Food Service Establishments; 2) Establish Regulations Related to Produce Bags at Retail Service Establishments; and 3) Require Deconstruction and Source Separation of Construction and Demolition Related Materials to Maximize Salvage and Reuse of Building Materials, and Increase Recycling and Diversion from Landfills; Adoption of a Negative Declaration for new Deconstruction Program Activities; and Finding the Disposable Foodware and Refuse Collection Ordinance to be Exempt Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements