June 1st, 2020
Call to Order
A. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
Approval of Minutes
1. Approval of Action Minutes for the May 4 and May 18, 2020 City Council Meetings
2. Approval of Contract Number C20178122 With Stoloski & Gonzalez, Inc. in the Amount of $2,082,178 for the Loma Verde Avenue Trunk Line Improvements Project (SD-19000), and the Storm Drainage System Replacement and Rehabilitation Project (SD-06101). Q&A
3. Approval of Utilities Enterprise Fund Contract Number C20176920 With Davey Surgery Tree Company for the 2020 Utility Line Clearance Project in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $14,486,057 for a Five-year Term. Q&A
4. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) With the San Francisco Foundation and PolicyLink to Accept Placement of a Fellow Under the Partnership for the Bay’s Challenge Grant Program; Authorization for the Mayor to Submit a Technical Assistance Request Letter.
5. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute a Professional Services Agreement With Magellan Advisors, LLC in a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $214,236 for Phase 1 of the Fiber Network Expansion Plan.
6. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 12 of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Set a 120-day Statute of Limitations for Challenges to the City’s Water Service Rates, Wastewater Collection and Disposal Rates, Refuse Rates, Storm Water Management Fees, and Fiber Licensing Service Rates (FIRST READING: May 18, 2020 PASSED: 6-1 Tanaka no).
6A. Authorize the Early Retirement Incentive Program for Police Officers and Fire Fighters (HR).
6B. Council Appointed Officers Committee Recommendation to Reject Proposals Received in Response to the Internal Auditor Services Request for Proposals (RFP).
City Manager Comments
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
7. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: Newell Road Bridge Replacement Project [19PLN-00130]: Adoption and Approval of; 1) a Resolution Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) and Adopting Findings, a Statement of Overriding Considerations and a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the Project, 2) a Record of Land Use Action Approving an Architectural Review Application [File 19PLN-00130] for Demolition of a Two-way Bridge on Newell Road Between Woodland Avenue in East Palo Alto and Edgewood Drive in Palo Alto and Construction of a new Bridge Along the Same Alignment That Meets Caltrans Standards for Multi-modal Access, and 3) Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract C12142825 With NV5, Inc. to Extend the Term for Design Services for Newell Road/San Francisquito Creek Bridge Replacement Project (PE-12011).