June 1st, 2020
Call to Order
A. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
Approval of Minutes
2. Approval of Contract Number C20178122 With Stoloski & Gonzalez, Inc. in the Amount of $2,082,178 for the Loma Verde Avenue Trunk Line Improvements Project (SD-19000), and the Storm Drainage System Replacement and Rehabilitation Project (SD-06101). Q&A
3. Approval of Utilities Enterprise Fund Contract Number C20176920 With Davey Surgery Tree Company for the 2020 Utility Line Clearance Project in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $14,486,057 for a Five-year Term. Q&A
4. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) With the San Francisco Foundation and PolicyLink to Accept Placement of a Fellow Under the Partnership for the Bay’s Challenge Grant Program; Authorization for the Mayor to Submit a Technical Assistance Request Letter.
5. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute a Professional Services Agreement With Magellan Advisors, LLC in a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $214,236 for Phase 1 of the Fiber Network Expansion Plan.
6. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 12 of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Set a 120-day Statute of Limitations for Challenges to the City’s Water Service Rates, Wastewater Collection and Disposal Rates, Refuse Rates, Storm Water Management Fees, and Fiber Licensing Service Rates (FIRST READING: May 18, 2020 PASSED: 6-1 Tanaka no).
City Manager Comments
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
7. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: Newell Road Bridge Replacement Project [19PLN-00130]: Adoption and Approval of; 1) a Resolution Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) and Adopting Findings, a Statement of Overriding Considerations and a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the Project, 2) a Record of Land Use Action Approving an Architectural Review Application [File 19PLN-00130] for Demolition of a Two-way Bridge on Newell Road Between Woodland Avenue in East Palo Alto and Edgewood Drive in Palo Alto and Construction of a new Bridge Along the Same Alignment That Meets Caltrans Standards for Multi-modal Access, and 3) Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract C12142825 With NV5, Inc. to Extend the Term for Design Services for Newell Road/San Francisquito Creek Bridge Replacement Project (PE-12011).