June 15th, 2020
Call to Order
A. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Gina Roccanova) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Hourly Unit; Palo Alto Police Officers Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA) and Employee Organization: International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; Palo Alto Police Manager’s Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
1. Approval of Action Minutes for the May 11, 12, 13, and June 1, 2020 Council Meetings
2. Approval of Contract Number C20176877 With Schaaf & Wheeler Consulting Civil Engineers in the Amount of $789,918 for Design Services for the: 1) Corporation Way System Upgrades and Pump Station, 2) West Bayshore Road Pump Station, and 3) Trunk Line Improvement Projects; Capital Improvement Program Projects (SD-21000, SD-20000, and SD-23000).
3. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute the Following Three Utilities Public Benefits Program Contract Amendments: 1) Amendment Number 2 to Ecology Action of Santa Cruz (C15155144A), With no Increase in Compensation and Extending the Term for one Additional Year; 2) Amendment Number 2 to Enovity, Inc. (C15155144B), With no Increase in Compensation and Extending the Term for one Additional Year; and 3) Amendment Number 2 to BASE Energy, Inc. (C15155144C), With no Increase in Compensation and Extending the Term for one Additional Year.
4. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number C17165394 With Genuine Parts Company, dba Napa Auto Parts, to Increase the Contract by $781,013 to an Amount Not-to-Exceed $3,777,087, and Extend the Term Through July 21, 2021.
5. Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C18172676 With Dixon Resources to Extend the Term to June 2021 With no Additional Costs for the Downtown Parking Study.
City Manager Comments
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of a Resolution Confirming the Weed Abatement Report and Ordering the Cost of Abatement to be a Special Assessment on the Respective Properties Described Therein.
7. Recommendation on the Proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2020-2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding Allocation; Recommendation That the City Manager or Designee be Authorized to Execute Necessary Documents for the Fiscal Year 2020-2021 CDGB Application; and to Submit the 2020-2021 Action Plan and the 2020- 2025 Consolidated Plan to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) by the Extended Deadline of August 16, 2020. MEMO
8. Adoption of a Resolution Updating the City’s Transportation Analysis Methodology Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) to Comply With California Senate Bill 743; and Adoption of a Local Transportation Impact Analysis Policy to Evaluate Level of Service (LOS) and Other Local Roadway Impacts. MEMO
9. Approval of two Lease Agreements Between Palo Alto Unified School District and the City of Palo Alto for: 1) Cubberley for 54 months, Notto-Exceed Amount of $2,733,280 per Year, and 2) Extended Day Care Sites for 24 months, Not-to-Exceed Amount of $707,676 per Year. MEMO
10. Review and Provide Initial Input on Options for a Framework and Workplan to Address Systemic Racism.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements