June 21st, 2022
Call to Order
AA1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS Authority: Government Code Section 54956.8 Property: 1237 San Antonio Road Negotiating Party: LifeMoves, a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation City Negotiators: Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Chantal Cotton Gaines, Sunny Tong, Rachael Tanner, Albert Yang Subject of Potential Negotiations: Lease Terms.
Report from Closed Session
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
• The City Council continued Item
1: Closed Session from 6/20 to 6/21
• Item 3 was differed to a future date
• Item 2 will be heard after Item 4.
1. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract #C21180324 with Canopy to Add to the Scope of Services, Extend the Term through June 30, 2024, and Increase the Not-to-Exceed Amount of the Contract by $742,210, for a New Not to Exceed Amount of $967,720; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund in FY 2023 Late packet report added.
4. 1237 San Antonio Road (22PLN-0114 and 22PLN-00113) Project Homekey: Staff and the Applicant (LifeMoves) Update to City Council on This Project and Request for Consideration of a Third Story Design Option. Zoning District: PF (Public Facilities) Late packet report added.
3. Urgency Ordinance of the Council of the City of Palo Alto Imposing a Temporary Moratorium on the Approval of Development Entitlements or Building Permits that Entail the Storage, Use, or Handling of Hazardous Materials Within the General Manufacturing (GM) District, Research, Office and Limited Manufacturing (ROLM) District, and Research Park (RP) District (Removed from Agenda)
2. Adoption of a Temporary Emergency Ordinance Requiring a Conditional Use Permit to Establish a Firearms Dealer Retail Use. Environmental Assessment: Exempt under CEQA Guidelines 15061(c)(3). (To be heard after Item 4)
5. Colleagues Memo: Adopt A Resolution Regarding Reproductive Rights for Palo Alto Residents.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS