June 22nd, 2021
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
1. Approval of Construction Contract Number C21178601A With Azulworks, Inc. in the Amount of $1,954,900; Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $195,490 for the Rinconada Park Improvement Project, Capital Improvement Program Project PE-08001; and Approval of Budget Amendments in the Stormwater Management Fund and the Capital Improvement Fund.
2. Approval of a Lease Agreement With BioScience Properties for the Regional Water Quality Control Plant Workspace at 1900 Embarcadero Road in the Estimated Total Amount of $1.73 Million for a Period of Five-years; and Approval of a Fiscal Year 2022 Budget Amendment in the Wastewater Treatment Fund.
3. Approval of: 1) Construction Contract With O’Grady Paving, Inc. in the Amount of $6,688,253 and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $668,825; 2) Contract Amendment Number 4 to Contract C14150694 With Mark Thomas and Company in the Amount of $27,136; and 3) Adoption of a Resolution for Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act for Fiscal Year 2022, Providing the Project List for the Charleston-Arastradero Corridor Project – Phase 3, Capital Improvement Program Project (CIP) PE-13011.
4. Approval of Contract Number C21181431 With Palo Alto Housing Corporation (PAHC) Housing Services, LLC for a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $316,236 to Provide Administration and Consulting Services for the City’s Below Market Rate Housing Program for a Term of Two-years Through June 2023; and Approve a Fiscal Year 2022 Budget Amendment in the Residential Housing Fund.
5. Approval of: 1) Contract Amendment Number Four to Contract Number C12142825 With NV5, Inc in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $527,146 to Incorporate the Approved California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Additional Budget Request for the Newell Road/San Francisquito Creek Bridge Replacement Project, Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Project PE-12011, and to Extend the Contract Through December 31, 2024; 2) a Cooperation Agreement With the City of East Palo Alto; and 3) a Budget Amendment in the Capital Improvement Fund.
6. Consideration of Rescinding the City’s Local Emergency Proclamation; Adopt an Emergency Ordinance to Continue the Uplift Local Encroachment Permit Program, Including Temporary Parklets; and Discuss and Provide Direction on Street Closures Under the Uplift Local Streets Program. – CONTINUED TO LATER IN THE MEETING
7. Review of the Policy & Services Committee’s Recommendation on State Legislative Advocacy; Discussion and Direction on Potential Alterations to the City’s State Legislative Advocacy Program and Related Actions.
8. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 250 Hamilton Avenue [20PLN-00118]: Appeal of Director’s Approval of Three Wireless Communication Facilities (Verizon Cluster 4) by Verizon to be Placed Adjacent to 853 and 1221 Middlefield Road and 850 Webster Street. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per Section 15303 (New Construction and Conversion of Small Structures) and 15311 (Accessory Structures).
6. Consideration of Rescinding the City’s Local Emergency Proclamation; Adopt an Emergency Ordinance to Continue the Uplift Local Encroachment Permit Program, Including Temporary Parklets; and Discuss and Provide Direction on Street Closures Under the Uplift Local Streets Program. – CONTINUED FROM EARLIER
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements