June 7th, 2021
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approval of Contract Number C21179800A With Pacific International Electric Company, Inc. in the Amount of $943,639 for the Underground District 46 Completion Project; and Authorization to Execute and Negotiate Related Change Orders in the Amount of $188,728 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,132,367; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Electric Fund.
4. Recommendation to Authorize the City Manager or Designee to Execute a Five-year General Services Agreement With Western Machinery Electric Inc. for Repair and Maintenance of Electricity Generators at the Municipal Service Center in an Amount Not-toExceed $592,248; and to Negotiate and Execute one or More Task Orders for Additional Services as Needed in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $300,000, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $892,248; and Approve a Budget Amendment in the Electric Fund.
5. Approval of a Design-build Contract With Johnson Controls Fire Protection, LP in the Amount of $517,280, and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders for a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $51,728, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $569,008 for the Civic Center Fire Life Safety Upgrades, Capital Improvement Program Project (PE-18016).
6. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number S20176879 With Johnson Controls Fire Protection, LP to Increase the Contract Amount by $86,847 for a Revised Three-year Contract in a Total Amount Not-to-Exceed $265,584 for the Provision of Fire Sprinkler System Inspections and Repair Services.
9. Adoption of an Ordinance and Resolution Temporarily Continuing: 1) Uses of Public and Private Property for Outdoor Dining, Retail, and Personal Services; and 2) the Pilot Parklet Program Past the end of the Local Emergency.
City Manager Comments
12. 855 El Camino Real (20PLN-00252): Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapters 18.04 and 18.16 of the Municipal Code to Allow Some Ground Floor Medical Office (“Retail Health”) Uses With a Commensurate Increase in the Overall Office use Allowed at the Site Subject to Limitations. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guideline Section 15301 (Existing Facilities). Zoning District: CC (Community Commercial).
14. City Council Review of the Finance Committee’s Recommended Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Operating & Capital Budgets and Municipal Fee Schedule; Direction to Staff Regarding Preparation of the Final Budget for Council Adoption on June 21, 2021.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements