August 10th, 2020
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
1. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Secured and Unsecured Property Tax Levy for the City of Palo Alto’s General Obligation Bond Indebtedness (Measure N).
2. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute a Blanket Purchase Order With the Okonite Company for Underground Cable for the Utility’s Electric Underground System in an Annual Amount of $350,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,750,000 Over the Next Five Years.
3. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager to Execute Necessary Agreements Subordinating the City’s Interests in the Palo Alto Gardens Multiple Family Residential Property at 648 San Antonio Road to Facilitate Refinancing of the Affordable Housing Development.
4. Policy and Services Committee Recommends the City Council Accept the Status Updates of the Parking Funds Audit.
5. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 2585 E Bayshore Road: Approval of the Planning and Development Services Director’s Determination to Authorize a Waiver From the Retail Preservation Ordinance. Environmental Assessment: Exempt in Accordance With the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
City Manager Comments
5A. Selection of Applicants to Interview for one Position on the Human Relations Commission and two Positions on the Public Art Commission (Continued From August 3, 2020).
5B. Update and Discussion on Plan Bay Area 2050 Draft Blueprint and the Regional Housing Needs Allocation Process; and Direction to Staff to Prepare Comment Letters on These Regional Efforts (Continued From August 3, 2020).
6. Accept an Update on the Summer Streets Program; Adopt a Resolution Amending Resolution Number 9909 to Extend the Temporary Street Closures of California Avenue, University Avenue and Adjacent Downtown Blocks to December 31, 2020; Extend the University Avenue Closure to High Street; Extend the Expiration Date of Resolution Number 9909 Including the Temporary Parklet Program to September 7, 2021; and Clarify Allowed Activities.
8. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 2353 Webster Street [18PLN00339]: Appeal of Director’s Approval of an Individual Review Application to Demolish an Existing One-story 1,593 Square Foot (SF) Home and Construct a Two-story Home (Approximately 2,935 SF) With a Basement and an Attached Garage. Zoning District: Single-family Residential (R-1). (THIS ITEM HAS BEEN MOVED TO AUGUST 17, 2020)
7. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapters 18.52 and 18.54 Adjusting Parking Requirements to Facilitate EVSE Installation, Compliance With Accessibility Laws, Parking Substitutions, and Parking Lot Re-striping and Maintenance. Environmental Assessment: This Project is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, 15302, 15303, and 15061(b)(3).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements