August 1st, 2022
Call to Order
1. Appreciation for Assembly Member Marc Berman
2. Study Session on Status of National and Regional Airplane Noise Initiatives.
3. 278 Lambert, 3040 – 3250 Park, 3201-3225 Ash & 200 – 404 Portage Prescreening Study Session: Report on Negotiations Between the City Council Ad Hoc and the Sobrato Organization and Prescreening for Development Agreement and Rezoning, Seeking Initial Public Input on Negotiated Terms. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project. Zoning District: RM-30 (Medium Density Multiple-Family Residence District) and GM (General Manufacturing).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4. Approve Minutes from the May 23, 2022, June 13, 2022, June 20, 2022 and June 21, 2022 City Council Meetings.
5. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Use of Teleconferencing for Council Meetings During Covid-19 State of Emergency.
6. Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement with Suez Water Technologies and Solutions (Suez) to Assign Suez’ Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor (MABR) Equipment and Services to the Future General Contractor for Construction of the Secondary Treatment Upgrades Capital Improvement Project (WQ-19001) at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant.
7. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Lease between Ada’s Cafe and City of Palo Alto for the Community Center Cafe at Mitchell Park for 5 Years at $500.00 per Month on January 1, 2023 with Annual 3% Increases Thereafter.
8. Adoption of a Interim Urgency Ordinance Extension Requiring a Conditional Use Permit to Establish a Firearms Dealer Retail Use. Environmental Assessment: Exempt under CEQA Guidelines 15061(c)(3).
City Manager Comments
9. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 1033 Amarillo Ave [22PLN00016]: Request for a Preliminary Parcel Map with Exceptions to Subdivide a 20,787 square foot R-1 property into two (2) lots, where Lot 1 will be 10,668.50 square feet and Lot 2 will be 10,118.77 square feet. Exception is for minimum lot width and maximum lot size. Zoning District R-1 Single Family Residential.
10. Adoption of Resolutions: (1) Placing a Business Tax on the November 2022 Ballot; (2) Placing a Measure Affirming the Natural Gas Utility Transfer on the November 2022 Ballot; and (3) Establishing Advisory Spending Guidelines for Business Tax Proceeds.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS