August 12th, 2019
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
1. Approval of Contract Number C20175087A With VSS International, Inc. in the Amount of $1,543,000 for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Streets Preventive Maintenance Project, Capital Improvement Program Projects PE-86070 and PO-11001.
2. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Following Energy and Water Platform Contracts in a Combined Not-to-Exceed Amount of $2,602,763 Over a Five-year Term: A) WaterSmart Software, Inc., Number C19174648 in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $537,763; and B) Simple Energy, Inc., Number C20174646 in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,925,000.
4. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Utility Program Services Contract With DirectApps, Inc. dba Direct Technology, Contract Number C20174817 With Total Compensation of $730,000 and a Maximum Term of Seven Years.
6. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C17165394 With Genuine Parts Company, dba Napa Auto Parts, to Increase the Contract by $747,094 to an Amount Not-to-Exceed $2,996,074, and Extend the Term Through July 21, 2020.
7. Adoption of a Resolution Updating Objective Standards for Wireless Communications Facilities in the Public Rights of Way to Clarify Language and Address a Conflict With Other City Standards Related to Replacement Pole Height.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
8. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION California Court of Appeal, Sixth Appellate District, Case No. H046597 Subject: City of Palo Alto, et al., Appellants v. Tze, et al., Respondents Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
9. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 3:18-cv-01256-JST Subject: Mahmoud Elsayed, et al. v. City of Palo Alto, et al. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
10. CAO PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION Title: City Manager, City Attorney, City Clerk Authority: Government Code Section 54957 (b).