August 19th, 2019
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 18CV328638 (One Case, as Defendant) –Yvonne Wellhausen v. City of Palo Alto, et al. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
2. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 18CV328469 (One Case, as Defendant) –Jay Greer v. City of Palo Alto Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
5. Approval of an Exemption From Competitive Solicitation and Approval of Contract Number C20175537 With Kennedy/Jenks Consultants in the Total Amount Not-to-Exceed $279,660 to Provide Extended Design Services to Complete the new Primary Outfall Line at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant, Wastewater Treatment Fund Capital Improvement Program Project, WQ-19002. Q&A
6. Approval of Contract Number C20175276 With Ranger Pipelines, Inc. in the Amount of $4,146,435 for Water Main Replacement Project 27 (WS-13001) and the Water Distribution System Improvement (WS-11003) Capital Projects in the Oak Creek and Leland Manor/Garland Neighborhoods; and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $414,644, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $4,561,079. Q&A
7. Authorize the City Manager to Finalize the Purchase of 27,829 Square Feet of Vacant Land Adjacent to 3350 Birch Street and Approve Budget Amendments in the Parks Development Impact Fee Fund and the Capital Improvement Fund. MEMO
8. Approval of Contract Number C191173677 With CivicRec in the Amount of $389,875 for the Purchase and Implementation of a Recreation Management Software for a 3.5 Year Term; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund. Q&A
12. Policy and Services Committee Recommends the City Council Accept the Status Updates of the Audits of the Citywide Cash Handling and Travel Expense; Cable Franchise and Public, Education and Government (PEG) Fees; Continuous Monitoring: Payments Audit; Utility Meters; and Inventory Management. Q&A
13. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number S19174828 for the Professional Services Agreement With Management Partners for Auditor Services to add $50,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $135,000 for an Additional Two-month Term Through November 14, 2019.
14. Staff Recommends the City Council Receive a Status Update on the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP) and Endorse an Updated Approach and Schedule to Complete the Project; Direct Staff to Return With Consultant Contracts That are Responsive to the Identified Approach; and Explore Supportive Funding Opportunities From Owners With Significant Property Interests Within the Project Boundary. The Recommendation in This Report is not a Project as Defined in the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements