August 30th, 2021
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
2. Foothills Fire Mitigation Strategies Study Session PacketPg. 5
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approve Minutes from August 16, 2021. Packet Pg. 20
4. Approval of Contract Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number C17165953 with RossDrulisCusenbery Architecture, Inc., to Add to the Scope of Services and Add $283,410 to the contract sum, for a new Total Not to Exceed Amount of $9,037,608, for Design and Environmental Assessment Professional Services for the Public Safety Building, Capital Improvement Project (PE-15001). Packet Pg. 24
5. Adoption of a Resolution to Authorize the City Manager to Submit Application(s) and Related Agreement(s) for the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) Rubberized Pavement Grant Program. Packet Pg. 36
6. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 9, Public Peace, Morals and Safety, of the Municipal Code to Add Chapter 9.07 Requiring Safe Storage of Firearms in Palo Alto Residences to Prevent Improper Firearm Access; Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Administrative Penalty Schedule to Add Conforming Penalty. Packet Pg. 40
AA1. Approval of a Professional Services Agreement With Enovity, Inc. for Energy Efficiency Program Services in an Amount of $661,667 per Year for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount $1,985,000 for a Three-year Term Through August 15, 2024.
City Manager Comments
7. Policy and Services Committee Recommends City Council Approve Retention of a Consultant to Clean Up and Reformat the City Council Procedures and Protocols Handbook. Packet Pg. 62
8. Direction on Strategies Related to Services for Unhoused Palo Alto Residents, Including Potential Emergency Shelter, and Adoption of a Resolution Endorsing the Santa Clara County Community Plan to End Homelessness 2020-25 (Continued from August 9, 2021). Packet Pg. 64
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements