August 3rd, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 16CV300760 (One Case, as Defendant) –Miriam Green v. City of Palo Alto Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
4. Approve and Authorize the City Manager or Designee to Execute Contract Number C20176772 With Burns & McDonnell in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $690,000 for the 60kV Breaker Replacement Design/Build Implementation, Capital Improvement Project EL-17002; and Authorization to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders in the Amount of $103,500, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $793,500.
5. Approve and Authorize the City Manager or Designee to Execute the Following Utilities Communication, Graphic Design and Marketing Services Contracts in a Combined Not-to-Exceed Amount of $200,000 Annually and a Combined Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,000,000 Over a Five-year Term: A) Eric Goldsberry Art Direction, C20176172A; B) Marketing for Change, C20176172B; and C) Underground Advertising, C20176172C; Finding of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Exemption THIS ITEM REMOVED FROM THE AGENDA
6. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 3000 Alexis Drive [19PLN-00304]: Approval of the Record of Land Use Action (RLUA) Approving the Proposed Project, and Site and Design Review Application for the Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club to Renovate the 18-hole Golf Course. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From CEQA Pursuant to Guidelines Section 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land) Zoning District: OS (Open Space).
7. SECOND READING: Adoption of Amendments to the City of Palo Alto Tobacco Retailer Permit Ordinance (PAMC Chapter 4.64) to Further Restrict Electronic Cigarette Products and Flavored Tobacco Products (FIRST READING: June 16, 2020 PASSED: 4-3 DuBois, Fine, Kniss no).
8. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance to Reduce the Number of Human Relations Commission and Public Art Commission Members From Seven to Five (FIRST READING: June 22, 2020 PASSED: 5-2 Kou, Tanaka no).
City Manager Comments
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements