August 5th, 2019
Call to Order
1. Study Session With the Palo Alto Art Center Foundation
Special Orders of the Day
2. Proclamation Recognizing National Night Out 2019
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Action Minutes for the June 17 and 24, 2019 Council Meetings
4. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Filing of an Application to the State of California Housing and Community Development Department for the Senate Bill (SB) 2 Planning Grant Program; Environmental Assessment: Exempt Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
5. 3877 El Camino Real [19PLN-00068]: Request for Approval of a Final Map to Create a one lot Airspace Subdivision for 18 Condominium Units (one Commercial Space, six Residential Flats, and 11 Townhouses). The Final Map Also Includes Access and Utility Easements. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guidelines Section 15268(b)(3) (Ministerial Projects). Zoning District: Service Commercial (CS).
6. SECOND READING: 1700 & 1730 Embarcadero Road [18PLN-00186]: Request Zoning Map Amendment, Site and Design Review and Design Enhancement Exception to Allow the Demolition of an Existing 18,000 Square Foot Vacant Restaurant Building and a 15,700 Square Foot Audi Service Building, and Construction of two new Automobile Dealerships Totaling 84,900 Square Feet. The Zoning Map Amendment Would Change the Zoning Designation From CS(D) and PC to CS(D)(AD) for Both Parcels. (FIRST READING: June 24, 2019 PASSED: 6-1 Kou no).
7. Policy and Services Recommends the City Council Accept the Business Registry Audit
8. Approval of the Appointment of Geoffrey (Geo) Blackshire as Fire Chief.
9. SECOND READING: Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.20 (Refuse Collection) of Title 5 of the Palo Alto Municipal Code Related to the Storage, Sorting, Collection and Removal of Refuse, Including Restrictions on the Type and Color of Refuse Collection Bags and Other Modifications to Make Waste Sorting More Effective and Facilitate Monitoring; and Finding the Ordinance to be Exempt Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (FIRST READING: June 24, 2019 PASSED: 6-1 Tanaka no).
10. Selection of Applicants to Interview for an Unfinished Term on the Architectural Review Board.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
11. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS Authority: Government Code Section 54956.8 Property: Cubberley Conveyance Property and Leased Site, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA Assessor’s Parcel Nos. 147-08-052 and 053 Agency Negotiators: Ed Shikada, Kristen O’Kane, Molly Stump, Terence Howzell, Kiely Nose, David Ramberg, and Sunny Tong Negotiating Parties: City of Palo Alto and Palo Alto Unified School District Under Negotiation: Lease Price and Terms of Payment (ASD).
12. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION Title: City Manager, City Attorney, City Clerk Authority: Government Code Section 54957 (b)