August 8th, 2022
Call to Order
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
1. Appreciation for State Senator Josh Becker for Securing $2 million for Newell Bridge Replacement Project.
2. Select Applicants to Interview for the Human Relations Commission.
AA1. Sibling City Update from Mayor John Hamilton, Bloomington, Indiana
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
3. Adoption of a Resolution Establishing FY 2023 Property Tax Levy for General Obligation Bonds (Measure N Libraries).
4. Approval of the Rail Committee Charter and Workplan for 2022-23.
City Manager Comments
5. Approval of Appointment and Employment Agreement with Andrew Binder as Chief of Police.
6. Adoption of an Ordinance Approving the Police Department’s Military Equipment Use Policy Under AB 481 Continued to a future meeting
AA2. Adoption of Resolutions: (1) Placing a Business Tax on the November 2022 Ballot; (2) Placing a Measure Affirming the Natural Gas Utility Transfer on the November 2022 Ballot; and (3) Establishing Advisory Spending Guidelines for Business Tax Proceeds. Supplemental Information Added.
AA3. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 1033 Amarillo Ave [22PLN00016]: Request for a Preliminary Parcel Map With Exceptions to Subdivide a 20,787 Square Foot R-1 Property Into Two (2) Lots, Where Lot 1 Will be 10,668.50 Square Feet and Lot 2 Will be 10,118.77 Square Feet. Exception is for Minimum lot Width and Maximum lot Size. Zoning District R-1 Single Family Residential. Supplemental Information Added.
7. Discuss and Provide Comments on the City’s Draft Comment letter to the California High Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA) and Authorize the Mayor to Send a Comment Letter to the CHSRA on the Final Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS) for the California High Speed Rail segment between San Francisco and San Jose, Which Traverses Palo Alto.
8. Designation of Voting Delegate and Alternate for the League of California Cities Annual 2022 Conference, to be held September 7-9 in Long Beach, CA Continued to August 15, 2022
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS