September 13th, 2021
Call to Order
1. City Council Discussion with the Independent Police Auditor Packet Pg. 166
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approval of Minutes from August 30, 2021 City Council Meeting Packet Pg. 6
3. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the City of Palo Alto’s 2021 Electric Utility Physical Security Plan. Packet Pg. 10
4. Policy & Services Recommend Approval of the Office of the City Auditor’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Task Orders. Packet Pg. 40
AA1. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Title 9, Public Peace, Morals and Safety, of the Municipal Code to Add Chapter 9.07 Requiring Safe Storage of Firearms in Palo Alto Residences to Prevent Improper Firearm Access; Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Administrative Penalty Schedule to Add Conforming Penalty (FIRST READING: August 30, 2021 PASSED: 6-0, DuBois absent). Packet Pg. 177
City Manager Comments
5. TEFRA HEARING: Regarding Conduit Financing for the Silicon Valley International School Project Located at 151 Laura Lane, Palo Alto, and Approving the Issuance of a Tax Exempt Loan by the California Municipal Finance Authority for the Purpose of Financing and Refinancing the Acquisition, Construction, Improvement, Equipping and Maintenance of Educational, Support and Administrative Facilities Owned and Operated Within the City by Silicon Valley International School. Packet Pg. 55
6. Request for City Council Interpretation of Palo Alto Municipal Code Section 18.70.070(b)(2)(E) and Related Direction to Staff Regarding Nonconforming Uses at the 340 Portage/3200 Park Site. Environmental Analysis: Not a Project, as Defined in Public Resources Code 21065.
7. Discuss and Provide Direction on a Request for Proposals (RFP) for an Economic Development Strategy Consultant and an Internal Staffing Plan to Support Economic Development Issues.
8. Staff recommend Council: (a) Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Close University Avenue and California Avenue and Some Intersecting Streets Until a Date the Council Determines and Provide Direction Regarding Associated Fees or Charges; (b) Provide Direction Regarding the Duration of the Temporary Parklet Program and Development of Associated Fees or Charges; (c) Receive Updates regarding the Permanent Parklet Program the Downtown and California Avenue Streetscape Designs. Packet Pg. 108
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
AA2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA)Palo Alto Peace Officer’s Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs Association (FCA), ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).