September 16th, 2019
Call to Order
1. Study Session With the City’s Federal Lobbyist Related to Federal Legislation.
2. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 18CV328469 (One Case, as Defendant)–Jay Greer v. City of Palo Alto Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Contract Number C20174826 With Monterey Mechanical Co. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $450,000 to Provide On-call Emergency and Critical Construction Services at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant, Wastewater Treatment Fund Capital Improvement Program Project WQ-19002. Q&A
4. Approval of a Funding Agreement With the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) for 2016 Measure B Local Streets and Roads Program Funding. Q&A
5. Approval of Contract Number S19175846 With WRA, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $93,237 to Conduct a Matadero Creek Study for the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP). Q&A
6. Vote to Endorse the Slate of Candidates for the Peninsula Division’s Executive Committee for 2018-19 and Direct the City Clerk to Forward to Seth Miller, the Regional Public Affairs Manager for the Peninsula Division, League of California Cities the Completed Ballot for the City of Palo Alto.
10. Designation of Voting Delegate and Alternate for the League of California Cities Annual 2019 Conference, to be Held October 16-18, 2019 in Long Beach, CA.
7. Staff and Utilities Advisory Commission Recommends That the City Council Adopt a Resolution Amending Rule and Regulation 20 to Allow Neighborhood Self-funding of Certain Subsurface Equipment.
8. Evaluation and Discussion of Potential Revenue Generating Ballot Measures and Confirmation of Finance Committee Recommended Parameters for Tax Structure and Further Analysis; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
9. Caltrain Business Plan – Direction to Staff Regarding Comments on the Draft Long Range Service Vision. – POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements