September 20th, 2021
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Adoption of a Resolution Expressing Appreciation to Geoffrey Wong Upon His Retirement
2. Proclamation for Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
3. Neighbors Abroad
4. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Green v. City of Palo Alto, et al. Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 16CV300760 Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
AA1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Subject: Arbitration of Employee Discipline Matters Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) Two Potential Matters, as Defendant
Report from Closed Session
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
5. Approval of Minutes from August 23, 2021
6. Approval of a Three-year Contract With Northwest Woodland Services, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $646,950 for Trail Maintenance in the Palo Alto Baylands, Pearson-Arastradero Preserve, Foothills Nature Preserve, and Grounds Maintenance in Utility Reservoir Sites.
City Manager Comments
7. 505 E Charleston Road [21PLN-00068]: Appeal of Director’s Approval of a Safe Parking Permit Application. Approved by the Director of Planning and Development Services on May 12, 2021. Environmental Assessment: Exempt per CEQA Guidelines Section 15301 (Existing Facilities). Zoning District: Single-Family Residential (R-1). APPEAL WITHDRAWN BY APPELLANT ON 9/8/21
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Staff recommend the City Council review the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP) alternatives, take public comment, and determine the preferred alternative.
9. Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program for Fiscal Year 2020.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Staff recommend the City Council review the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP) alternatives, take public comment, and determine the preferred alternative. – CONTINUED
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements