August 7th, 2023
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
- Neighbors Abroad and Chris Cummings Presentation on Recent Activities with Palo Alto Sister City Tsuchiura, Japan.
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Sandra Blanch, Tori Anthony, and Molly Stump) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA), Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Claims pursuant to Public Contract Code 9204 related to construction of the Public Safety Building from Swinerton Builders; Pacific Structures, Inc.; Commercial Controls Corporation; Walters & Wolf; WSA Compliance, LLC; Helix Construction Company; Broadway Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (BMC); Sandis; and Northern Services, Inc. Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(3) Title Updated.
4. 4075 El Camino Real (23PLN-00391): Request for Prescreening of a Proposal to Modify an Existing Planned Community (PC) to Allow 14 Additional Senior Convalescent Units, Including an Increase in the FAR, Lot Coverage, Density, and Height Within the Daylight Plane. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project. The Formal Application Will be Subject to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Review.
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Section 9.68.010 (Purpose) and Section 9.68.040 (Just Cause Evictions Required) in Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 9.68, Rental Housing Stabilization, to Reduce the Minimum Time Period Required for Renters to Qualify for Just Cause Eviction Protections. CEQA status—exempt under CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
8. Approval of Contract Number C23187501 With Palo Alto Housing Corp (PAHC) Housing Services, LLC for a Not-to Exceed Amount of $356,556 to Provide Administration and Consulting Services for the City’s Below Market Rate Housing Program for a Term of Two-years through June 2025 and Approve an FY 2024 Budget Amendment in the Residential Housing In-Lieu Fund. CEQA Action: Agreements are not subject to CEQA.
9. Approve Amendment No. 1 to Contract C21181034 with Rincon Consultants, Inc. for the Continued Work on the Housing Element Update, and Approval of a FY 2024 Budget Amendment in the General Fund for the Reappropriation of funds from FY 2023 to FY 2024. Environmental Review: Agreements are not subject to CEQA.
10. Approval and Authorization of the City Manager to Execute a Contract with Allied Universal Technology Services (AUTS) (C24187696) in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $778,275 over 5 years and one month period ending June 30, 2028 to provide Intrusion Detection System (IDS) monitoring and notification services. CEQA status – not a project.
11. Direction to Evaluate with Caltrain the Viaduct Alternative and Defer Review of the Trench Alternative at the Meadow Drive and Charleston Road Crossing as Recommended by the Rail Committee; CEQA status – categorically exempt per Regulation 15262.
12. Approval of FY 2024 Budget Amendment in the Residential Housing In-Lieu Fund for the Reappropriation of $3.0 million from FY 2023 to FY 2024 for 231 Grant Avenue Loan Agreement; CEQA – Not a Project.
13. SECOND READING: Adopt an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Section 9.10.060 (f) and Adoption of a Resolution to Modify the Administrative Penalty Schedule Related to Enforcement of the City’s Gas-Powered Leaf Blower Ban. Environmental Analysis: Not Subject to CEQA Review in Accordance with CEQA Guidelines 15061(b)(3). (FIRST READING: June 19, 2023 PASSED 7-0).
14. Approval of a General Services Contract with All City Management Services in an Amount not to Exceed $3,920,865 Over a Five Year Term, for Crossing Guard Services; and Approval of a FY 2024 Budget Amendment in the General Fund (2/3 vote required); CEQA status – not a project.
City Manager Comments
16. Approval of Castilleja School’s Transportation Demand Management Plan Document for a Previously Approved Redevelopment Project at 1310 Bryant Street. Environmental Analysis: The City Council Previously Certified a Final Environmental Impact Report for this Project.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS