November 6th, 2023
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS Authority: Government Code Section 54956.8 Property: 1175 North San Antonio Road, Palo Alto (Informally known as the former Los Altos Treatment Plant site) Negotiating Party: Santa Clara Valley Water District City Negotiators: (Ed Shikada, Brad Eggleston, Karin North, Sunny Tong) Subject of Negotiations: Lease Price and Terms of Payment
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS
5. Approval of the Acceptance of State of California Citizens Options for Public Safety (COPS) Funds of $194,400 and a Budget Amendment in the Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Fund (2/3 vote required) for front-line law enforcement expenses.
7. Approval of General Services Agreement Contract C24185703A with SWA Services Group, Inc. for a five-year term in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $19,327,547 for Janitorial Cleaning and Maintenance Services, and Approval of a Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Amendment in the General Fund; CEQA status – Not a Project.
8. CONSENT: Second Reading of Electrification Equipment Ordinance adopted October 2, 2023 amending the Palo Alto Municipal Code Title 18 (Zoning) Chapters 18.04 (Definitions), 18.10 (Low-Density Residential), 18.12 (R-1 Zones), 18.13 (Multiple Family Residential Zones),18.40 (General Standards and Exceptions), and 18.54 (Parking Facilities Design Standards) and Title 9, Chapter 9.10 (Noise) to Further Facilitate the Installation of Electrification Equipment in Residential Neighborhoods. CEQA Status – Exempt under CEQA Guidelines sections 15061(b)(3) and 15301.
City Manager Comments
9. Approval of a Contract with Urban Field Studio (C24188179) for a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $384,990 for the Car-free Streets Alternatives Study; Adopt an Interim Ordinance Continuing Parking Lot and Sidewalk Dining through March 2024 and On-Street Dining through December 2024; Adopt Resolutions Extending the City Manager’s Authority to Temporarily Close Portions of California Avenue and Ramona Street through December 2024; Provide Direction on the Street Configuration of California Ave. and Ramona St. during the Study Period; and Approval of a FY 2024 Budget Amendment in the General Fund. CEQA Status – Categorically exempt under CEQA Guidelines Sections 15301 (existing facilities) and 15304(e) (minor temporary use).
10. LEGISLATIVE: Adopt Ordinances Amending Planned Community Ordinance 2343 for 2901-2905 Middlefield Road and Establishing a Separate Planned Community Zoning Designation for 702 Ellsworth Place to Enable the Development of a new Single-Story, Single-Family Residence. CEQA Status — Categorically Exempt Under CEQA Guidelines Sections 15061(b)(3), 15301, and 15303 (Continued from September 18, 2023). – POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE