Aspiring and experienced media producers can find classes to increase their skills at the Media Center. Hardware, software, and production values are covered by experienced instructors in a relaxed environment. We highly recommend that you start with our free hour-long Meet the Media Center & TV Studio Tour .
This 3 hour online workshop will guide you through the tools and resources for Film and TV storytelling and screenplay development that will bring your creative project to the next level. The course is suitable for beginners, hobby filmmakers, and those just looking to refresh their screenwriting skills. Together, we’ll discuss:
- Writing in the Hollywood standard screenplay format
- Outlining your screenplay into executable, digestible steps
- Using story circles and formulas without using tropes or cliches
- Developing interesting characters, conflicts, and motivations for the screen
- Communicating emotion through the unspoken visual medium
- Loglines and pitching your screenplay
- Tips for taking the next step from screenplay to production
Students will also have the opportunity to develop scenes of their own for table readings and class critique. Each student will leave this class having already begun a screenplay, and with the confidence they need to get it done!
This course will be hosted over Zoom. Classes will be small and interpersonal, so students are welcome to come with specific questions about their screenplay goals. Students will leave feeling ready to take those next steps toward writing a screenplay of their own!
|Wednesday, Jun 2, 2021|
|Wednesday, Jun 2, 2021||Screenwriting||5:30 pm - 8:30 pm|
- Pedro Arenas