Aspiring and experienced media producers can find classes to increase their skills at the Media Center. Hardware, software, and production values are covered by experienced instructors in a relaxed environment. We highly recommend that you start with our free hour-long Meet the Media Center & TV Studio Tour .
Sometimes even professionals feel like they’re “winging it” when it comes to understanding microphones and sound recording technology. With so many different types of mics, cables, and audio recording devices, it can be hard to know where to begin. We’re here to help clear things up!
This 90-minute online workshop covers the essentials of sound recording in the field, during an interview, and in a professional or at-home studio. This includes:
- The basics of sound and acoustics
- The technology behind audio capture for film, podcasts, and audio plays
- The many different types of microphones and when best to use them
- How to set up your audio recording gear for the highest-quality sound
- Audio recording tips to bring your project to the next level
Our goal is to give you the knowledge and tools to discuss audio recording with confidence. Feel the relief of knowing that you’re producing videos or podcasts with the best possible audio tools and technology within your power to provide.
|Wednesday, May 19, 2021|
|Wednesday, May 19, 2021||Sound Recording Basics||6 pm - 7:30 pm|
- Stan Ng