(3 free entries) Deadline: June 14, 2019
Photographers from Middle School to Retirees are invited to share their favorite images of life in the Silicon Valley. There will be 4 Winners – People’s Choice & Judge’s Choice for Adults and for Youth.
- Archival Print (up to 17” by 22”)
- One Month Exhibits at Redwood City Downtown Library & Rinconada Library
- Video Production Workshop (16+ hours) (Media Center)
- $30 gift certificate to Hobee’s Restaurants.
- $50 gift certificate to Fleming’s Steakhouse.
- Open dates for submitting photographs: April 15 – June 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
- Popular voting on Midpen Media Facebook Page: June 25 – July 16, 2019 at 5 PM
- Winners Announced: July 17, 2019
- Public display of winner’s framed entries (Summer/Fall 2019): TBA
- The Contest is open to people who live or work in Santa Clara County or San Mateo County.
- The Contest will have two categories of entrants:
- Youth Category ‒ Students enrolled in 6th through 12th grades
- Adult Category ‒ Post high school
- Contest Entry Guidelines
- Entries must be submitted online as digital files.
- Each participant is limited to three entries.
- Manipulated images are acceptable.
- Photo image files:
- Accepted file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- Photographs should be a minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side
- Image files cannot be larger than 5 MB
- Contest Entry Guidelines
The Midpen Media Center reserves the right to decline or remove any work at their discretion.
Judging and Awards
Doug has been a photographer since his teenage years. His professional photography work includes portraiture, weddings, and commercial work. He taught technical photography to graduate students for many years at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Doug has photographed extensively in the U.S, Europe, and Africa. His work has been exhibited and recognized locally, and his photos have appeared in various publications over the years.
Gabrielle first became enamored with photography as a child collecting photographic postcards. She studied photojournalism in college. She gravitated toward human interest stories which led her to open her portrait and event business in 2000. Simultaneously she has traveled and photographed throughout Europe, Cuba, India and most recently Greece, nurturing her adventurous spirit and love of street photography. Gabrielle has exhibited her work extensively in and around the Bay Area.
Awards: two types
The Jurors will select five Finalists and one Winner in both the Youth and Adult categories.
Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
Popular Vote Awards:
Youth and Adult category Finalist entries will be open for popular voting at the Midpen Media Center Facebook Page. The Finalist entries receiving the most “Likes” in each category on the Facebook Page will be awarded the Popular Vote.
Popular Vote Reminder
Go to the Midpen Media Center Facebook Page to vote for submitted entries for Popular Vote winners starting June 25 until July 16, 2019.