June 18th, 2020
Agenda Changes, Requests, Deletions
Approval of Minutes: PAC Regular Meeting – February 20, 2020
1. Election of Officers – Election of Chair and Vice Chair of the Public Art Commission.
2. Temporary Public Art Initiatives – Approval of funding in the amount of up to $32,000 for temporary public art murals for Palo Alto’s commercial corridors.
3. Black Lives Matter Mural – Approval of funding to work with the community to paint “Black Lives Matter” or a similar message near City Hall.2.
4. California Ave Public Art Master Plan – Staff updates the Public Art Commission on the stakeholder and outreach strategy for the California Ave PAMP. Presentation by art consultant Barbara Goldstein and Associates.
5. Discussion regarding upcoming Council Agenda Items related to Public Art– Discussion of the Council report on Boards and Commissions, proposed changes to the number of Public Art Commission members, and budget discussions
6. Code:ART2 Update – Staff updates the Public Art Commission on the selection process and conceptual proposals of 6 Urban Interventions for Code:ART.
7. Temporary Public Art for King Plaza – Staff updates the Public Art Commission on the conceptual design for a temporary installation titled Arbor by artist Adam Marcus.
8. Temporary Public Art at the Palo Alto Art Center – Staff to update the Commission on the status of temporary public art in partnership with the Palo Alto Art Center.
For Your Calendar: Next PAC Regular Meeting – Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 7 p.m